Enhancing the Skilled Workforce Pipeline
CCAT is committed to ensuring that the manufacturing sector has access to a well-trained and qualified talent pipeline. Proper training is critical for employers to compete in a 21st century global marketplace.
CCAT focuses on three key objectives: increase awareness of manufacturing careers and opportunities for students and their families, jobseekers, educators and government partners; promote and administer basic and technical skill assessments resulting in industry recognized, nationally portable credentials for students, incumbent workers and dislocated workers; and match manufacturers who have available open positions with qualified and available jobseekers.
- Provide targeted resources and programs.
- Dispel misconceptions.
- Introduce educational and career pathways.
- Develop partnerships.
- Focus on building the talent pipeline.
- Identify required skills and competencies.
- Assist with workforce development strategies.
- Support career advancement.
- Validate foundational and technical skills.
- Facilitate training courses.
- Provide internship opportunities.
- Administer testing for certifications.