- This event has passed.
Lunch and Learn Session: UV Adhesive Bonding for Automated Assembly and High Tech Applications
June 5, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
Please join us for lunch and a very informative introduction to UV and LED curing technology and how it works. We will also discuss adhesives/bonding and the different ways that they are used in production & high tech applications … instead of the classic mechanical fixings.
Leave with a much better understanding of a method to save time and reduce production costs … one which also provides a higher degree of flexibility.
- Introduction to UV/LED curing > how it works >photo-polymerization> curing speed
- Comparisons to traditional fixings, bond techniques >the key features/benefits. How this approach could be utilized in existing production platforms.
- Materials that can be bonded and desired characteristics.
- Adhesive application and manufacturers
- Typical implantation challenges – a discussion.
- Positive economics of the UV platform … savings on production costs, labor, energy, etc.
There is no cost to attend but pre-registration is required: https://www.etouches.com/curing