- This event has passed.
Introduction to Metal Additive Manufacturing
March 5, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$225
Additive Manufacturing (AM)/3D Printing metals is rapidly moving from a R&D and Rapid Prototyping tool into mainstream manufacturing. Join us for an industry overview where you will learn:
- What is additive manufacturing, what can I do with it, and why is it important
- The main types of metal additive technologies and their applications
- Case studies of how industry is benefiting from AM
- Business considerations when thinking about adding AM to your company
- Tour of the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT) Advanced Manufacturing Center to see metal additive equipment in use
The speaker will be Jeff Crandall, Additive Manufacturing Research and Applications Senior Engineer at CCAT.
Registration is required and the cost to participate is $225 per person. This workshop will require a minimum of six attendees to run.
Space is limited. Please register early. Priority will be given to Connecticut’s small to medium-sized (less than 500 employees) manufacturers with a focus on aerospace and defense manufacturing suppliers.
Important Information for Attendees
In preparation for the workshop, please be aware that the CCAT Advanced Manufacturing Center is an export compliant facility, and you will be asked to present an acceptable form of identification upon arrival (verified license/ID, passport, green card, birth certificate, etc.). In addition, we ask that you please provide us with your country of citizenship in advance and no later than one week before the workshop date.
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Hutchinson at 860-282-4235 or by email at email@example.com.