Best Practices for Integrating Manufacturing Activities in Your Classrooms
August 7 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
In collaboration with RPM Communication Consulting, LLC.
Become empowered to effectively lead and facilitate STEM engagements using best practices of online learning pedagogy to build your students’ Industry 4.0 skills.
In this highly interactive workshop, Dr. Rory McGloin, Ph. D., owner and Chief Consultant of RPM Communication Consulting, LLC will help you maximize student engagement while learning about modern manufacturing in Connecticut.
- Introduction to virtual training program goals and establishment of digital communication norms for virtual engagement
- Introduction to core digital communication and online pedagogical concepts
- Review of the strengths (and weaknesses) associated with the delivery of manufacturing and STEM materials and programming and how educators can use technology to enhance the engagement, delivery, and design of this content
- Interactive demonstration of three unique examples of using virtual channels to deliver and engage manufacturing related materials, covering synchronous delivery, asynchronous delivery, and hybrid delivery
- Debrief and closing remarks
Space is limited to 25 participants. Preference will be given to Connecticut K-16 educators.
This online workshop is part of CCAT’s Connecticut. Dream It. Do It. Workshops for Educators Series and will require a minimum of 6 attendees to run. For more information or to set up alternative days or times, please contact Kristi Oki at email@example.com.