Workshops Created For Your Success
CCAT’s content-specific professional development provides educators with experiences that enhance the processes, products, and conditions where learning is taking place.
Our STEM workshops introduce best practices in incorporating authentic content into core content areas and promote skills development and career awareness. Participants learn about STEM from educators who work with engineers and high-tech manufacturers who are at the forefront of Connecticut STEM initiatives.
We emphasize teaching principles in our Next Generation Science Standards workshops, which develop in-house competence and confidence, greatly increasing implementation rates and fidelity.
- Foundations of STEM Education provides implications for curriculum, instruction, and assessment, with an emphasis on engineering design and technological literacy and ways to incorporate them into science and math instruction.
- STEM Careers: Preparing the 21st Century Workforce offers an overview of educational and career pathways and an awareness of the skills these 21st century careers demand.
- Next-Gen Science CT (NGSC) is designed to advance understanding of the NGSS vision and teachers’ abilities to transition to next-gen science curriculum, instruction, and assessment. NGSC is funded by a State Department of Education Math and Science Partnership grant.
- An Introduction to the Next Generation Science Standards explores why the standards were created, what major shifts in teaching and learning are called for, how NGSS connects with Common Core, and advice regarding transition planning.
- NGSS Curriculum Development I and II examines the NGSS architecture. Participants learn do’s and don’ts of translating it into aligned units, courses and grade band sequences, to create a “next-gen” approach to curriculum development.
- NGSS: Engineering for Science Educators teaches how, when, and why to incorporate engineering into instructional units by engaging in activities that model key practices. This workshop can be customized for middle and/or high school science educators.
Count on CCAT
Contact us today to learn more about our content-specific professional development.
Susan Palisano – firstname.lastname@example.org | 860.282.4224