Ready, set, innovate with state financial assistance.
To help keep pace with state-of-the art product development and manufacturing technology, the Manufacturing Innovation Fund Voucher Program provides Connecticut companies with access to the equipment and expertise they need to become more efficient, productive, and profitable.
Offered under the Connecticut Manufacturing Innovation Fund, the voucher program is a partnership of the state Department of Economic and Community Development and CCAT.
Who is eligible?
Registered Connecticut manufacturing companies or allied service providers (e.g., industrial heat treaters and platers) in good standing with the state.
- Must be operating for at least three years and currently generating revenue.
- More than half of the company’s revenue must be generated from the sale of goods they manufacture or from allied services provided to manufacturers.
- Companies must have at least three full-time employees and fewer than 300 employees.
- Total proposed project value must be at least $10,000
- Must be operating in an appropriately zoned commercial area.
- Must not have received $50,000 or more from MVP program previously.
- Must be in good standing with both the CT Department of Revenue Services and CT Department of Labor at time of application submission.
What does it cost?
- There is no charge to apply.
How does it work?
- Eligible companies can apply for vouchers up to $50,000 for the purchase of specialized equipment or expertise that will help improve operations, including marketing, LEAN, compliance, testing, prototype development, and other technical expertise.
- A third party vendor or service provider must be used to execute the proposed project.
- Participating companies must pay half of the cost.
- All grant award recipients are required to complete an impact report six months following the project’s completion date.
When & how do I apply?
- To apply, go to MVP Voucher Program.
- Complete an online application at MVP Application Form.
- Attach a price quote and budget form for your proposed funding use to submit with your MVP Application.
- Attach status letters of good standing from both the CT Department of Revenue Services and CT Department of Labor to your MVP Application Form
Is there anything else I should know?
- The program is administered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Timing for processing your request depends on the number of applicants in the queue and the availability of funding.
- You will be notified when your application comes up for review. You can also monitor processing status at MVP Voucher Program.
You will find answers to many frequently asked questions at MVP Voucher Program. For additional help, please contact Paul Striebel at 860.282.4231.