The Rhode Island Manufacturers Association (RIMA) 2017 Manufacturing Technology Innovation Program is providing matching grant funding to companies seeking access to the expertise they need to become more efficient, productive, and profitable.
Precision machining optimization, reverse engineering projects, additive manufacturing, 3D printing, business assessments or other product development assistance will be conducted in collaboration with the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. (CCAT).
Who is eligible?
Rhode Island manufacturers in good standing with the state.
What does it cost?
- RIMA reimburses the lesser amount of 50 percent or $15,000 of the cost of a contract between a qualifying Rhode Island manufacturing company and CCAT.
- Companies are responsible for covering any costs above the reimbursement and contract directly with CCAT.
What does it offer?
- Technology access to CCAT’s advanced machining technology, software and tooling for trial, evaluation, prototyping, 3D printing with plastics, additive manufacturing with metals, reverse engineering, structured light scanning and machining optimization.
- Technology assistance from our experts about the most productive use of your current manufacturing resources.
- Business assessments to optimize your operations.
When & how do I apply?
- Complete the AMC Assistance Application.
- Upon review and acceptance, you will receive a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) that protects your intellectual property / process knowledge and an Export Control Intake Certification/ITAR form to complete and sign.
- Submit the signed NDA and ECIC/ITAR form to us.
- After receipt of your NDA and ECIC/ITAR form, we will contact you to define the scope and schedule for your project.
Is there anything else I should know?
- Projects are accepted on a case-by-case basis.This program is funded through an Innovation Program grant awarded to RIMA by the RI Commerce Corporation.
- To help you evaluate your company’s participation, consider joining RIMA for a group tour of CCAT’s Advanced Manufacturing Center.
Count on CCAT
For more information, contact:
This program is funded through an Innovation Program grant awarded to RIMA by the RI Commerce Corporation.